Stop Loan Sharks National Champions 2017
The England Illegal Money Lending Team have helped over 27,500 loan shark victims and written off over £72.5 million of illegal debt.
This is money that would otherwise have been in a loan sharks pocket! The Team have completed 380 prosecutions leading to 328 years’ worth of custodial sentences.
The IMLT could never have achieved these fantastic results without the support, commitment and knowledge of their partners in the communities they work in.
Owing to the success of last year they are again running the Stop Loan Sharks National Champions 2017. They want to recognise the organisations that have helped rid their community from the peril of loan sharks in 2017. Applications are welcome from all, even if you have submitted an entry before.
Winners in the past have received substantial press as a result of this initiative. Winners will be presented with the prize and can celebrate the event inviting local representatives of their choice.
The National overall Champion will receive:
- £3,000 to spend on raising awareness of loan sharks
- A framed certificate for display
- Media releases sent out nationally and locally
Criteria for applicants:
Using the application form below, describe in not more than 500 words what you or your organisation did to help us rid our communities of loan sharks.
Maybe you or your organisation did one or more of the following:
- Reported a loan shark that was preying on your Community
- Helped raise awareness about loan sharks in your area
- Helped us support vulnerable loan shark victims
- Tell us about the outcomes you have achieved and how many people the stop loan sharks message reached
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 28th February, 4.00pm
Please complete the application form below and either email it to Catherine.firstname.lastname@example.org Or post it to:
Catherine Wohlers, Stop Loan Sharks Team – Trading Standards, PO Box 12971, Birmingham B33 3BD