Information on this page was last updated on 01/10/2017
The Rossendale Community Support Network concept has been received well by a number of organisations and groups within Rossendale as a means of more effectively providing support to those in our community who are less fortunate than others.
Our initial aims and objectives are as follows:
- To provide a communication network for network members as a means of more effectively delivering essential support to those in need within the Rossendale community. This may be through a dedicated Facebook Group, providing opportunities for network members to post and communicate within the network
- To encourage and enable communities to both donate and distribute much needed food and other products directly within their community
- To share best practice within the Rossendale Community Support Network
- To provide support without referral 7 days a week
As the network develops we expect there will be further suggestions to improve the scope and effectiveness of the delivery of that essential support.
We are also looking into other systems that would provide additional potential to generate resource for the Rossendale Community Support Network members. These would include:
- The introduction of a supermarket ‘Community Loyalty Points Account’ that would allow customers who do not collect loyalty points to donate them to a ‘Community Loyalty Points Account’, providing the opportunity for supermarket community champions to donate vouchers for use by Rossendale Community Support Network members
- Encouraging store customers to donate from any ‘Buy One Get One Free’ deals
- To encourage local community residents to donate to their community RSCN member for redistribution within their own community
If you spot an error on this page, or have difficulty contacting this organisation please let us know.
Is this your organisation? contact us to find out how we can help to promote your services and activities.