Information on this page was last updated on 01/10/2017
The ‘Move More’ project helps people with cancer across East Lancashire and Blackburn with Darwen to become more active. Their exercise specialists will help you find effective and safe ways to be active and stay active, no matter where you are on your cancer journey.
They provide support including:
- One to one assessments and consultations
- Access to friendly, highly qualified exercise professionals
- A tailored activity programme
- Help with setting personal goals and planning ongoing support
- Discussing concerns or providing more information about the benefits of physical activity
- Access to a wide variety of physical activity sessions
Being more physically active can help people with cancer cope with and recover from the negative effects of cancer and its treatment and also decrease the risk of developing other health conditions.
Being active can:
- Reduce fatigue and tiredness
- Reduce anxiety and stress
- Help maintain a healthy weight
- Manage side effects or after effects of treatment
- Reduce osteoporosis
- Help look after your heart
Your cancer nurse, GP or physiotherapist can refer you to the project. Alternatively you can make a self-referral or find out more by getting in touch.
If you spot an error on this page, or have difficulty contacting this organisation please let us know.
Is this your organisation? contact us to find out how we can help to promote your services and activities.