- 01772 299830
Information on this page was last updated on 24/06/2018
The Challenge through Sport Initiative (CSI) is an ambitious innovative partnership project to encourage more active and healthier lifestyles for adults in drug and alcohol recovery by getting involved in regular sport and physical activity.
The project aims to use sport & physical activity to:
- Increase participation within this high risk group, which draw upon high levels of investment for long term conditions.
- Improve the physical, emotional, health and wellbeing of people and families in recovery. Build confidence and self esteem.
- Enables families to socialise, meet new people and have fun.
- Use sporting networks to enhance individual skills through training, volunteering, peer mentoring; supporting pathways into employment.
- Develop a sustainable model of delivery in partnership with health services; police, judiciary and welfare services.
The Challenge through Sport Initiative is an ambitious innovative partnership project to encourage more active and healthier lifestyles for adults in drug and alcohol recovery by getting involved in regular sport and physical activity.
The CSI programme in Lancashire has received £500,000 National Lottery funding from Sport England to provide regular sport activities for those in recovery. Match funding has been provided by ourselves, The Police and Crime Commissioner and Public Health Lancashire.
If you spot an error on this page, or have difficulty contacting this organisation please let us know.
Is this your organisation? contact us to find out how we can help to promote your services and activities.